Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Video game nerd post ahead

One of my vices in life is video games. I love my ds to death, and have no problem flaunting the fact that I have a backwards compatible metal gear solid 80gb ps3. I'm very picky about what video games I play, I'd rather not waste the $59 on something I'm going to play for 3 seconds and then forget about. So here are some of the games coming out that I'm currently squeeing about.

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver(street date 3/14)

Nothing warms my 20 year old life long pokemon playing heart like a remake of my favorite pokemon game.



Ace Attorney Miles Edgeworth Investigations(Feb)

When capcom announced that my favorite Ace Attorney character Miles Edgeworth was getting his own game, I squeed a little bit inside. I have spent many hours playing the ace attorney series. So having another one to play will mean many hours occupied on the bus and while waiting for class.

Heavy Rain(release date Feb)

(actual box art)
I've been following this game since early 2009, when my coworker lead me on to the first trailer and a tech trailer called the audition. Heavy Rain is more of a playable movie than a game. What I love about this game is that if one of the characters die, then they never show up in the game again. Quantic Dream is the developer, and also the developers who made another favorite of mine Indigo Prophecy.


The Last Guardian(holiday 2010....I hope)

The latest from Team ICO, the developers who made Shadow of the Colossus and ICO. When I saw this trailer at E3, my mouth was hanging open the whole time. If I had to describe this game in one word, it would be "Epic." From the trailer alone, I have a feeling that this game is going to break my heart.



Eye Pet(holiday 2010)


What's not to love about an interactive virtual fuzz ball. It seems that Eye Pet has been in development for a very long time. But I'm willing to wait for this perfect little gem of a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment