Friday, October 1, 2010

Fall movie preview

Fall into early Winter is the absolute best time to be a film fan. This is the time of year when all the the Oscar contender films start being released. So far two films have caught my attention.

Black Swan

The newest film by director Darren Aronofsky (Requiem For A Dream and The Wrestler). The film features some of my favorite actors, Vincent Cassel and Natalie Portman. I'm horrible at describing films, so I'm going to let wikipedia do the talking
"he film stars Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis as ballet dancers in a New York City production of Swan Lake. The production requires a ballerina to play both the innocent White Swan and the sensual Black Swan. Nina (Portman) fits for the White Swan and Lily (Kunis) fits for the Black Swan. When the two compete for the parts, Nina finds a dark side of herself."

Never Let Me Go

Directed by Mark Romanek(who is a well known music video director, directing the Johnny Cash video for "Hurt" and the Nine Inch Nails video "Closer"). Just watching the trailer gives me the feeling that this film is going to DESTROY me. But in a good, I don't usually cry during films. But when a film can cause such an emotional reaction out of me, it sticks. The last film that effected me in such an emotional way was "Grave Of The Fireflies."

What films are you excited to see this coming Fall/Early Winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment